Rat Control Cape Town: Deratization of Rat Plague in SA
Rodents are one of the most common pests. For this reason, the deratization and control of the plague of rats have become a common task today. Within our pest control service at Pest-control.co.za, we offer you maximum professionalism and efficiency in rodent control. Our rat control Cape Town and Southern Suburb services are always open for your residential and commercial buildings.
Hitman’s Rat Control Cape Town Service
In SA, we differentiate three main rodent specials. Since the very typical infestation of rats in urban areas or industrial areas:
Common or sewer rats - The common rat infestation is characterized by a flat snout and small ears. At the same time, it has a thick body and the length of its tail is no longer than the head and body.
Their favorite foods are cereals and they usually live in the land where they burrow. Although sometimes they climb. They consume about 30 grams of food a day and need about 60 ml of water daily. Each of their litters has between 7 - 8 copies, and they have between 3 and 6 litters a year.
Detecting the presence of rats early can prevent them from reproducing in spaces where they can cause real problems. For example the sewer. The extermination of rats/mice is highly dependent on their early detection.
Black or ship rat - Identifying the black rat can be summarized in seeing all the opposite characteristics than in the previous case. Its snout is pointed, it has large ears, a slender body, and a tail that is longer than its head and body.
Among the favorite foods of the rat, plague is fresh fruit. It is an agile species that climb often. It is rare that they make burrows and it is difficult to find them outside. They consume approximately 15 grams of food a day and need 15 ml of water daily.
Annually, they have between 3 and 6 litters, each one of them can be formed by between 5 and 10 copies. For this reason, it is necessary to spray rats, preventing them from reproducing. Hitman Pest Control is specialized in providing black rat control Cape Town and Southern Suburb service.
Common mouse - This pest is characterized by having a small head and legs. While it has large ears and eyes.
Cereals are one of their favorite foods and they usually live in the land where they can make burrows or nests.
They are able to climb easily. They eat about 3 grams of cereals daily. They can survive without consuming water, although they drink 3 ml a day at most. Each year they have between 7 and 8 litters, each consisting of between 4 and 16 specimens.
Signs you have a rat and rodent infestation problem:
- Faeces: Probably the clearest sign that you have a rodent control problem. If they are bright and white, it is because they are stools from a few hours ago, so the rodents are still alive, so opt as soon as possible to spray rats. Hitman Pest Control is a renowned rat exterminator in Cape Town that is keen to solve your rat control issue.
- Footprints: If you have identified signs that you might have a problem with a rat and mouse infestation, it is time to shine a flashlight at an oblique angle to see if there are footprints in the surface dust. How to identify them? Mouse tracks are small, whereas the common rat tends to tread with its paw pads and the black rat mainly supports its toes. You can contact Hitman for getting rat control Cape Town service if you find any of such signs.
- Damage: It is quite easy to identify recent damage to structures and tissues caused by rodents if we do not try to spray rats in time. First of all, freshly gnawed wood is lighter in color. At the same time, damage to recently stored goods indicates current infestation, but damage to materials, paper, etc. in many cases they do not allow to determine if there is recent activity. To stay away from further damage, you need to hire a rat specialist in Cape Town.
- Routes: The routes normally used by rat infestations in vegetated places can be easily seen if the vegetation is not overgrown. If you find such a route, then you should take steps by getting rat removal Cape Town services.
Signs of the rat infestation:
- Stains: Stains are caused by rodents' body fat rubbing against objects or solid surfaces. It is important to be attentive to this point since the combination of its fat together with dirt and urine can form "vertical accumulations", something that will indicate that we are facing a large infestation of rodents.
- Holes or gaps: If you have managed to locate their burrow and you see that there are dust and cobwebs, it will be an indicator that the plague of rats or mice no longer uses that shelter.
- Rodents: These placental mammals are nocturnal, which is why it is very difficult to see them during the day. If you see any rats or mice in daylight hours it may be because the infestation is really serious, that their shelters have been disturbed, or that they need food. In these cases, it is very important to spray rats as soon as possible for their extermination.
Some quick signs of a rodent problem:
- Gnaw marks on walls, baseboards, or furniture.
- Scratching or gnawing noises in the walls.
- Shredded or gnawed packaging or containers.
- Nesting materials such as paper, hay, or fabric.
- Damaged products.
- Presence of feces or urine stains.
- Outdoor burrows on the property or in the surrounding area.
Exterminate rodent infestation of rats and mice:
There are various methods that we can use to exterminate rats and mice. Although each case involves different measures. The ways to control rodents is by using solid baits - in paste, granules, grain or blocks - or liquids, contact products such as gels or foams, trapping products or materials (viscous or mechanical traps), and, finally, gases.
Security must always be present when exterminating any type of rat infestation. Therefore, adequate protection must be taken into account according to the type of rodenticide chosen.
It is important to carry out a deratization treatment since rodents transmit diseases such as Salmonella, Trichinosis (associated with rats), Plague, Weil's disease, and other diseases such as bite fevers, murine typhus, Lyme disease, and Hantavirus. You must be keen about your health and thinking is there any rat control Cape Town service near me? Yes, Hitman is there to help you out.
The most effective methods to permanently kill rats and mice can only be offered by experts in the field. At pest-control.co.za, we propose a 100% safe and effective deratization to definitively end your rodent problems.
Contact our rat pest control and fumigation company if you want more information about our services. Be aware of the importance of spraying rats if you suspect they may be invading your property. Your health and protection is the main goal of our rat control Cape Town and Southern Suburb services.